Owner-operators in West Palm Beach, FL require special truck insurance services and products regardless of whether they are under their own authority or operating under a permanent lease to a motor carrier. At Atlantis Insurance Inc, we understand the difference and are here to help you choose the right trucking insurance to meet the needs of your business and protect your livelihood.
Operating Under a Permanent Lease to a Motor Carrier
It is quite common for a motor carrier to offer primary liability coverage to drivers who are working for them under the conditions of a permanent lease. In general, this will provide coverage for injuries or damage to property or other parties in the event that you are found responsible for an accident.
Depending on your business, you may need additional coverage, such as:
- Non-trucking liability for when you are not under dispatch
- Physical damage coverage to repair or replace your truck following as accident or theft
- Trailer interchange covers trailers that you pull but do not own
Some motor carriers may offer these options, but in most cases, you are better off obtaining them on your own. That way, you will be able to customize your truck insurance policy to the exact amounts and types of coverage to meet your specific needs.
Operating Under Your Own Authority
If you are operating your truck under your own authority, then you will need your own truck insurance policy to include:
- Liability for damages to property or other parties, including property damage and bodily injury liability
- Physical damage for truck repairs following an accident
- Motor truck cargo for damage or loss of the loads you haul
- Motor truck general liability for damages or liabilities not directly related to the use of the truck
If you are an owner-operator in the West Palm Beach, FL area, contact Atlantis Insurance Inc for expert advice about the coverage you need. Give us a call today.