Atlantis Insurance Inc, serving the greater West Palm Beach, FL community, is here to assist with all your boat insurance and boating needs. When a storm is brewing, you need to take steps to protect your boat. We are happy to help.
Here are six tips to help make sure your boat survives the storm:
1. Get a weather forecast for your area in advance, so you know what to expect and can prepare accordingly.
2. Review your boat’s storm preparation checklist to make sure everything is in good working order and that you have all the necessary supplies on board. This might include things like spare parts, first aid kits, lifejackets, flares, and other safety equipment.
3. Stock up on supplies such as food, water, fuel, and batteries so you have everything you need to ride out the storm safely. This will also help ensure that you don’t run out of essentials if access to stores or services is limited during bad weather.
4. Check the condition of your lifejackets and make sure they are in good working order. This is essential for ensuring your safety if you need to evacuate the boat during a storm since large waves or strong winds can breach even the strongest hulls.
5. If your boat has any loose items on deck, like tarps, sails, or fishing gear, be sure to tie them down securely to prevent damage from high winds and heavy seas.
6. Check your bilge pump and make sure it is working properly before you get into rough weather conditions. This will help ensure that you can quickly remove any water that gets into the boat, preventing flooding and other damage.
Get Boat Insurance Today
If you have any questions about how to stay safe on your boat, give us a call today at Atlantis Insurance Inc. We proudly serve the West Palm Beach, FL area residents with all their boat insurance needs.